Hello all, before you jump into that amazing, deliciously mouthwatering recipe you have had your eye on I encourage you to read below. I have some tips that will help get that yumminess on your table as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We have to eat everyday we might as well make it as painless as possible. The more we enjoy cooking, the more fresh homemade meals we will be serving our family and that’s a win!
I’m sure most of you (myself included, sigh) have had one time or another where you get to the middle of a recipe and realize you are not properly prepared to proceed. Worst timing of course because you are trying to get dinner on the table and your family is HUNGRY.
Well no fear, help is here! To prevent that from happening I’ve outlined some steps to ensure success in your culinary adventures.
- The most crucial tip I can give you is to READ the recipe in it’s entirety before even starting. This is the most important step, please do not skip doing this. Yep, top to bottom read it all and you won’t be blindsided by some odd ingredient or step. Yes, it happens often and not just to the cooking newbies.
- Gather all your ingredients; if you can pre measure it all that will be extremely helpful once you start working your culinary magic.
- If you find that you are lacking an ingredient, have no fear you may not be entirely out of luck just yet. A quick google search will usually yield a worthy substitution that may be right in your pantry.
- Gather all cooking utensils, pots, pans, lids, and baking dishes, etc that you will be needing. If anything needs to be greased or parchment paper cut go ahead and prep that as well. We’ve all been there it is time to cover that deliciousness to let it simmer and that cover is nowhere to be found! Save yourself this dilemma by having everything ready before you begin.
- Preheat the oven, grill, or stove and let’s get this party started!